Friday, October 24, 2014

Soul Sustenance: Overrated

Disclosure: I received complimentary products to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.

Overrated  by Eugene Cho challenges the way many Christians think. She poses the question, "Are we more in love with the idea of changing the world than actually changing the world?" I think many people are. It's the type of complacence that allows us to feel good because we packed sandwiches for the homeless one day, but resist taxes that are designed to help lift the truly poor out of poverty.

I have to admit, I thought I was pretty good at really wanting the world to change, but this book showed me how much farther I could go. The book is at the same time convicting and challenging; without being so preachy that it made me want to stop reading.

You can learn more at the website above, especially the five-day challenge. This book and the challenge just may give you the impetus you need to make some real change.

No comments:

Post a Comment